Friday, July 15, 2011

2 months old- video included

OMG... the days seem to go by slow, but time is flying by somehow.  Kenzie is already 2 months old!!!
Last weekend, my mom, Kenzie and I traveled to Houston so that Kenzie could meet her great, great grandmother.  That's right 5 generations. 91 years apart.  When I was born, both my great, great grandparents were alive.  I was able to be apart of a 5 generation picture also.  VERY COOL!!

She has such a cute personality.  She is most definitely more happy in the morning after she has eaten and also as you are trying desperately to get her to fall asleep at 11pm.  She is all smiles and giggles and coos.  Very cute!  If only the rest of the day she was like that!  She has tummy issues so she can be fussy.  Some days are way better than others.  



As for sleep schedule,  she usually will go to sleep between 11pm and 12am. Then she will typically sleep 5-7 hours before she wakes up hungry.  Then she will eat, play for about 15-20 minutes and go back to sleep until it's time to eat again.  I am grateful for the sleep I am getting.  I've learned to try and keep her awake or only let her take short naps/rests after 6pm.  She does much better when that is accomplished.  (I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying this.)

As for mommy updates- I don't get out of the house much.  I no longer have a car either.  It was totaled when Kenzie was 2 weeks old.  I now borrow my parents car when I need it.  We also have the truck- which gets a whopping 8mpg when it's empty.  It's a good day for me if a few bottles get cleaned and a load of laundry gets washed.  It's a great day if I get a shower.  Sundays are the ONLY days you will see me with makeup and a quick attempt at plucking my eyebrows.  BUT I don't wear my pjs all day!!! :-)

Daddy updates- Brady LOVES his baby girl!!!  He hasn't had any work lately, but he has been doing alot of job bids.  If you don't already know this- he owns a fence and deck company called PlanksNPickets.  You can visit the website at www.planksnpickets.com.  Since he hasn't been doing much work, he was able to spend 2 weeks in Joplin, MO for disaster relief after the May22 tornado that took so many lives and destroyed even more homes.

  
And one final picture to leave you with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment