Friday, October 8, 2010

Midwife appointment

Update on my doctor appointment that I went to on Wednesday:

*I got to see a small ultrasound of the baby. Other that the fact that it looks like a blob, the baby is in my uterus(not ectopic) and the heart was beating. (we didn't get to hear it though)
*I still don't know if there is more than one in me. (Brady side of the family have a few sets of twins)
*I didn't get any pictures
*My midwife will show me some stretches that will help prevent having a c-section! YAY!
*I had to get blood work done. The man only had to prick me once... which NEVER happens.

I will be going back on October 20th to get the results of the bloodwork and have a learning session.  We will have the BIG sonogram at that appointment.


Things I learned: Don't have Brady hold my pants down when having an ultrasound. As soon as it was over, the midwife say "let me get a rag to clean up the gel." Brady  then proceeds to let go of my pants.  By the way... sticky maternity pants aren't fun!

The changes I've noticed about me
*Pregnancy causes really, really bad dreams. I woke up crying around 4am this morning.
*I feel so lazy. This week, my bedtime has been between 7pm-9pm. And I take naps
*I must take a dramamine every morning before I get out of bed.
*Things are growing... that I thought couldn't get any bigger than they already were. YIKES!
*Brady's dress shirts are really comfy to wear around the house.
*I have a strong gag reflex that I didn't used to have. (which means I hate brushing my teeth now)
*I want to purchase every baby thing that I see! (and so does my mother)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well!

    Unless your family is prone to twins you probably wont have them, since the woman is the deciding factor in having twins. Brady wouldn't have anything to do with it even if his side of the family is predisposed to twins.

    I didn't know there were stretches that you could do to prevent a c-section! That is so cool! We will definitely have to hear more about this.

    I bet it's hard not to buy up everything in the store. I went to a baby shower this weekend for my neighbor and I had a hard time not buying everything I saw and I don't even have any kids! Hehe!

    The midwife thing is becoming really popular, at least here in Dallas anyway. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. Tell Brady I said Hi!

    ReplyDelete