Friday, October 29, 2010

Loving my Child

I'm starting to feel a lot better these days.  Still very tired and my back aches all the time. (but that would happen with anyone who picks up two year olds for a living)  Lately,  my emotions get the best of me.  A sad song, a cute song, songs about growing up, tv shows with a bonding parent/kid scene, and hearing cute stories from friends.. I cry over everything.  I've had several friends from my past have babies this past month.  I've also know several people who lost a child due to miscarriage and complications at delivery.  It's hard seeing people go through this.  My heart truly breaks for them!

We went to the midwife last week. She asked us whether we wanted to do some tests to see if our child has downs syndrome or other defects and abnormalities.  Some like to know so they can terminate early if they something that isn't "normal".  I am so blessed to have a husband that agrees with me on this situation. We turned down the tests and told our midwife that we would love our child no matter how God created him or her.  Even though I know the chances are still there that something could happen or that there could be complications, God has given me a peace in my heart about this child.  I know He has big plans for him/her.  My prayer is that I will be willing to let God lead my life in a way that my child will know that his/her parents love God with all their heart and that they too will learn to love God and follow Him.


Random Pregnancy Fact- My feet are almost a 1/2 size bigger than they were 3 months ago. I haven't bought any new shoes yet, but all of my shoes are getting tight.  :-(

2 comments:

  1. I was PG with little Q at 36 and turned down all those tests. The results would not have made a difference to me either.

    Btw - everything made me cry too... all the time... everyday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you understand that life is precious no matter what the outcome! I understand that every life has a purpose, no matter how long or short or how afflicted! We are all important to our God!

    ReplyDelete