Monday, September 27, 2010

Pain Free is Out the Door...

Well, I have bad news. As far as I know the baby is fine, but my love for insurance is not. I found out this morning that my insurance will not pay a dime.... unless there are complications with the delivery or baby.  In other words, no maternity.  As much as I've been looking forward to that huge needle in my back pumping me with the "pain go away" cerium (also known as an epidural), I'm now looking at alternatives to delivering in the hospital.  If you know me at all, I'm not one that handles pain well.  I'm all for an easy fix like taking ibuprofen for a headache.  I've always thought birthing centers were for hippies... but now I'm a little more thankful for them.  A natural hospital delivery costs about $10,000 without insurance. There are ways to cut deals like paying cash though. Now midwives and birthing center cost about $2,000- $4,000. WAY better pricing. I'm not sold on it yet. I still have a few other options I'm looking into.  I'll keep you updated whether we're going hippie or not! :-)

I will still keep my appointment on next Monday with my physician.

No comments:

Post a Comment