Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting sucks...

Sunday marked the first (and hopefully only) Mother's Day I had to face without my daughter.  Yes I did cry a little.  At church, they had the baby dedication.  I was pretty jealous of all the mom's that have their kids in their arms already.  I can't believe she's due in 3 days!  Time has passed so quickly these last 9 months, but now the passing minutes feel like hours.  Her nursery is mostly done.  There are still a few things that haven't been hung on the wall, but it'll come.  I officially packed our hospital bags on Monday (yes I am a procrastinator).  I haven't had any contractions this past week, but I've had a lot of back pain.  I'm pretty convinced she's going to stay inside her nice warm home forever!  Miss Priss is still moving front to back- faces the wrong direction as soon as I get up from a laying down position.  I think that she thinks it's a game.  She's quite the kicker, and loves to push on my ribs.  Monkey girl takes after her daddy!   I do have a midwife appointment today at 2pm.  I've done everything I can think of to stay active and naturally induce. (except eating/drinking things like caster oil- I'm just not ready to go that extreme yet) I've NEVER washed our white Civic since we bought it 3 years ago, but this week, I hand washed it, vacuumed it and scrubbed a bunch of stains out of it.  Plus installed the carseat, the nosy mommy mirror, and the sun shade.  I've been making Brady go with me on walks at the mall, dog park, walmart... he isn't too fond of it though.  And still NO contractions!  Not even one this week.

On a funny note- both of Kenzie's grandma's have bags that are packed and in the car too!  They both live about an hour or so away from the hospital, so they have to be ready at a moments notice. :-)  My mom loves to cut people off on the phone when I call right now, "Can you hold on a sec? My daughter is due to have a baby any day now, let me make sure this isn't an emergency."  She's too funny!  Brady's mom has been coming to town everyday since Eddie works in town and takes the car with him.  She doesn't want to miss out on Kenzie's arrival.  I think I should dub our house the "hub" or "basecamp" until she's about a year old when things calm down again.  lol

In other news,  Brady threw out his neck around 5am on Tuesday morning.  Great timing!  So now neither of us are sleeping and both want massages and are both grumpy.  The McDaniel household is a happy place right now.  Oh well.

***** As for important info for you guys-  I am delivering at St Lukes Baptist Hospital in the Medical Center.  Here is the website with directions.   http://www.baptisthealthsystem.com/directions.aspx.  As long as everything goes smoothly, we should only be staying one night.  Parking is $1 per hour, just so you know. There are 3 floors I could be on, so you'll just have to call before you come visit or ask at the front desk.  It may be more convenient to wait until we get home to visit since the hospital is pretty far from most people, plus our room is supposed to be extremely small. (like only fits 4 people in it) We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment